Saturday, October 16, 2010

The World Knows

My cousin was in town and I had her over for dinner along with my mom and C. This is a cousin who stayed with me for a while after she left her jackass husband so we're pretty close. During the time she was staying with me I was in the thinking stage of becoming a SMC so she knew the groundwork. I was waiting for her to come into town so I could tell her in person. Funny, she was chattering and looking around my home so much I could barely get a word in edgewise to tell her. She was the last one to be told and was so delighted.

This cousin is a very talented artist and right away wanted to paint Sweet Pea a "prayer chair". These are little chairs she paints beautifully with scenes and scripture and the child is supposed to sit there during time out and "pray" but really it's a decorative item. I had a child's chair in my basement that I previously used as a plant stand and she took it with her. She's extremely busy since the divorce with her regular job and trying to get a business off the ground so I'm not sure if she'll really have time to paint it but I love that she offered and insisted on taking the chair with her.

Also, it's now Face.Book official. I put it on my status this morning so truly the WORLD now knows. Even to the last person, I've been in awe of just how happy and excited a person can be for another. I've felt such love during this phase of revealing that I'm on my way to motherhood.
Now, I'll have to go cold turkey to break my addiction to the shock and awe method of telling people I'm expecting and seeing the wonderful, excited, surprised reactions.

Can't wait to see what the second trimester brings!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming official! I can see why telling people is so exciting and addictive! Dont worry you'll bump into people along the way (aquantinces) who didn't know yet, so you'll get to tell them! Once you start showing, then strangers will comment and that will be a whol other trimester of fun!

    How sweet of your cousin to take the chair. I suspect she will paint it faster than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've gotten to enjoy reactions from the telling and hope the next several months have you feeling great and enjoying this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did you announce it on FB? I'm thinking of doing that next week, if I can get in touch with everyone I want to tell, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to say.

    Congrats on being fully public!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on entering the 2nd trimester and on being fully "out" with your pregnancy. :-) Glad you got so many wonderful, excited reactions so far! The idea of the chair sounds super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting to the second trimester!
    Now that I think about it, I never did announce it officially on facebook. I can't for the life of me remember why not. How sweet that you've gotten great responses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Second Trimester!! So so exciting, Paige! And I love how everyone is being so happy and supportive. You absolutely deserve the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posting on FB is so much fun...since my status is "Single" many comments said, "I didn't even know you were seeing someone..." little do they know!!

    ReplyDelete