Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Telling My Yayas

First off, out of 8 yayas including myself, 5 canceled. 3 were sick, 2 had plans that had come up suddenly. So it wasn't the whole group as I had hoped. But the two who were here were wonderful. I feel so showered with love right now. I will treasure the memory of this night forever.

S. got here first and it was so so difficult to hold the news in while waiting for MC to come. It was funny because she was going on and on about some stomach trouble she's been having and how she could never have a child because she was sure she couldn't handle that kind of pain. I was so smiling!

After MC arrived, I was barely able to make it through greetings and pleasantries before I pulled out the strip of ultrasound pictures and said, "I wanted you guys to look at some pictures of my baby. I'M PREGNANT!!!"

Yes, there was squealing. And tears. And hugs. And laughs. And repeated exclamations of "Wow!" "I can't believe it!" "I'm so happy for you!" "We're going to be aunts!" S actually started crying and had to sit down, like she was shaky or something. MC, who is generally not the squeally type, did the girly jump up and down and squealing thing. Hours later she said, "I can't believe I jumped up and down and squealed like that!"

Every once in a while as they were asking questions and I was telling our story one of them would say, "You're going to be a MOM!!" or something similar and I'd say "I KNOW!"

It was all so amazing. I just feel so lucky that my baby already has so many people looking forward to it's arrival. I know that whatever happens these girls will be there for me and for us. I feel very lucky to have such great friends.

We called R, Sh, and MB and told them on speaker phone. It was funny how similar all their responses were. Silence followed by some sort of expletive and squealing. I'm not as close with J and J. I facebooked them. They were at functions and I wanted them to get the news from me in some fashion.

Remember that I've been quite secretive about the whole process ever since I found out my eggs were rotten. My sweet yayas didn't even know I was continuing to try to have a baby so it was quite a surprise for them. I just love how my friends (and women in general) can be so happy for each other. It was as if it was their good news too.

When they were getting ready to leave, they bent over and talked to my tummy. It was the first time anyone has done that. MC spoke Spanish to the baby and joked about it being bilingual. I laughed but got choked up at the same time.

I'm so happy to have everything out in the open and to be pregnant and loved!

11 comments:

  1. You're going to be a Mom :)!!!!
    I'm so glad that you were able to tell them all, even though they couldn't all make it in person. I'm so glad that you made everyone's day, finding out there's going to be a new little person in their lives! I'm so glad that you're so glad :)

    A side note: when I was shopping with my mom on her b-day Monday, there was this cashier and she was quite pregnant ;) and she was doing some major belly rubbing. And when I saw her doing so I smiled and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made my eyes well up! I've said it before and I will keep saying it- I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU PAIGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for little Sweet Pea and the supportive yayas!!! I'm glad the evening went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast! It's good to hear they were all so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH HOW AWESOME!!!! I am so glad you have so many supportive friends and loved ones in your life. It really makes this magical moment even more special! That baby of yours will definitely be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome that you have such support on your journey. And to be able to break the great news! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet story, Paige. You (and your little one) are so lucky to have such wonderful friends. And I agree with T---your little baby is going to be sooooooo loved! (it already is!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only imagine how fun that was to tell them all! And I know the girls who missed it are kicking themselves for missing the announcement in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like friends to help drive the awesome, delicious reality home.

    ReplyDelete