Monday, April 19, 2010

Letter To My Lovely Donor

Tell the truth everyone. Is it too dorky sounding???

Dear Lovely Donor,
I don't know what your calendar looks like but I am a few days away from starting injectable medication and I'm very excited! To tell you the truth, I'm also a little scared. I thought you may be feeling the same so I wanted to write you a short note of encouragement.

You are in my thoughts every day and sometimes it's hard to believe that through your loving generosity I may have an opportunity to become a mother. Because of you, I'll have an opportunity to fill the emptiness inside my heart. How strange and wonderful to think that you're walking around with the potential of life inside you and that it may soon be inside me! Kind of like something on the scifi channel, don't you think? In a extraordinary and miraculous way, of course. lol

Anyway, I don't want to run on too much here or get myself choked up. I just wanted to let you know that I believe you to be an amazing person and I feel so very lucky that you are willing to share your DNA so that I might be able to begin my family. You are my hero.

If you are willing, I'd like to correspond more in the future, especially if a miracle happens and I am able to become pregnant. Maybe you'd like to know a little about where your little eggs ended up? If not, I completely understand.

Thank you for making my dream come true.
Paige

7 comments:

  1. Well you managed to get me choked up. I am so proud of you and can't wait for this to happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know at my clinic they would not give the donor this letter. The nurse will extend your good wishes, but they won't let you contact the donor in anyway, except a thank you note/gift at retrieval. But if your clinic is more open, I think a little note is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honesty is never dorky!! Okay, maybe it is but your letter sounds great, so genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! And I hope she is open to communicating, that would be awesome! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely letter! I hope she does get it (re musicmomma's comment).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Paige. Honest and from the heart. I'm sure your donor is happy to know her eggs are going to a great mother!

    ReplyDelete