Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weary Wednesday

Whew! Lots going on. I've packed and moved everything I need to at school. Summer school stuff in my friend's office, third grade stuff a classroom and stuff for home in my car. My school does not have air conditioning so let me tell you there was a lot of heave ho and sweat happening on this 90 degree day.

This is the second week of my six week grad class that meets every Monday and Wednesday evening. The professor really is an expert in reading instruction and assessment and is very demanding. She's also written her own book and is an egomaniac. One night we watched 10 year old video of her giving assessments for two hours.

There's not much time to do the work between classes so I've been busy. We write a lot for class so I'll probably be writing less here on my blog. Not much going on in infertility world. Just waiting for my new calendar.

I've done well with eating so far this week....a whopping two days in a row but you have to start somewhere, right? I've gotten up both mornings at 4:30 thinking I would take my bike out. One problem....it's pitch dark at 4:30. This morning I tried to peep out the window periodically. I was intending to get out of bed, when it was bright enough to navigate outside, but I dozed off. Tomorrow I'll try 5:00. I really want to do this, but I guess I'm a little scared. Out on the open road in the near dark, no one else around. Yikes!

4 comments:

  1. That does sound a little scary! Be careful. I'm the queen of falling back asleep though. I remind myself that I can take a nap later and thats what gets me out of bed in the mornings! Sad but true.

    Yay for eating well! It's tough to do but yep gotta start somewhere. Main thing is that you start and you've done that so go you.

    Good luck with everything. Hope you get your schedule soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the grad class. It's nice when you have someone who really knows their stuff although not so nice when they're cocky about how well they know their stuff. I hope she still teaches well.
    Good luck with the early rising. I've still never figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting everything at school sorted out! The sweating can only aid in your weight loss, can't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your class goes well. (a two hour video of her giving assesments? sounds like fun (-; )

    Glad you've been doing good this week. And good luck on finding the right timing to getting up to ride the bike. Is the evening or early night not a possibility? (asked by someone who really hates waking up early!)

    ReplyDelete