Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Waiting For Info

Follow up with Dr. Hottie. He did not email Dr. AA and apologized for that. He was going to email him as soon as I left the office and then forward any info to me. I'm not holding my breath on that one....guess I'll just have to wait it out. He also said the polyp was benign and that my uterine lining looked perfect now that it was gone. I asked him to be real with me about chances of a healthy pregnancy if by some miracle I was able to pull it off. He made me feel hopeful by saying that yes I would have a little greater risk for gestational diabetes etc because of my weight but that otherwise I am healthy, do not smoke, drink, do drugs and I try to take care of myself. Chances are good for me to have a healthy pregnancy and birth. It hearkened back to a similar pep talk he had with me over a year and a half ago when I started this journey.

E. and C. are considering buying a house nearby. Mom and I went to see it with them tonight. The house has a lot of quirks and was clearly owned by an amateur do-it-yourselfer but it has a lot of great features. Stretch was very excited about the pool and her own room downstairs. On the way home Mom told me that C. had shared with her that when she heard about my decrepit eggs her first instinct was to give me one of hers. I guess she looked into it and thought she was too old. She's 35. Such a giving heart. I'll always be grateful for the thought.

A book about pregnancy by egg donation and intake forms for Dr. 2 in the mail today. The journey moves forward and I'm trying to arm myself with info the best way I know how.

I'm kind of sick of writing about infertility and yet it feels good to write about it. Does that make any sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment